The Stroke Recovery Center at the Daniel Drake Center for Post-Acute Care provides specialized inpatient and outpatient rehabilitative services for patients who have survived a stroke. The center offers a continuum of interdisciplinary care and research. Patients may access one or multiple levels of service based on their medical condition.
- Back to UC Neuroscience Institute Home
Signs & Symptoms of Stroke – FAST
The best way to treat a stroke is for people to learn what to recognize using FAST:
Facial numbness or weakness, especially on one side.
Arm numbness or weakness, especially on one side.
Slurred speech or difficulty speaking.
Time to call 911.
Other symptoms of stroke also may include: severe headache, dizziness, loss of balance, loss of vision or double vision. Surprisingly, pain is not a frequent symptom of stroke.
- In the News
- Upcoming Events
- New Neuroscience Developments at the University of Cincinnati and UC Health »
- Couple Surprised with President’s Award for Excellence »
- UC Awarded $4 Million to Look at Longer Treatment Window for Stroke »
- UC Neuroscience Institute Named in Honor of Gardner Family »
- UC Medical Center Again Named Top Hospital for Stroke Care »