Media contact: Cindy Starr (513) 558-3505 [email protected] CINCINNATI—A multi-center study supports the effectiveness of the newest technology available for the treatment of difficult, life-threatening brain aneurysms. The technology, the Pipeline embolization device, is a flow diverter that redirects blood flow away from wide-necked or giant aneurysms that cannot be treated in more conventional ways. Andrew…
- Back to UC Neuroscience Institute Home
Signs & Symptoms of Stroke – FAST
The best way to treat a stroke is for people to learn what to recognize using FAST:
Facial numbness or weakness, especially on one side.
Arm numbness or weakness, especially on one side.
Slurred speech or difficulty speaking.
Time to call 911.
Other symptoms of stroke also may include: severe headache, dizziness, loss of balance, loss of vision or double vision. Surprisingly, pain is not a frequent symptom of stroke.
- In the News
- Upcoming Events
- UC Gardner Neuroscience Institute Named in Honor of Gardner Family »
- UC Medical Center Again Named Top Hospital for Stroke Care »
- Study Shows Area Undamaged by Stroke Remains So, Regardless of Time »
- African-Americans, Men, Young Patients More Likely to Receive Neuroimaging »
- $1.8M Gift to Benefit Stroke Treatment, Prevention at UC »
- UC Health
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- Drake Center
- Lindner Center of HOPE
- Mayfield Clinic