In a bold effort to place the University of Cincinnati’s sprawling brain-science practice under one roof, writes Anne Saker of the Cincinnati Enquirer, officials of the UC Neuroscience Institute announced Friday a $54.6 million campaign to build a dedicated facility for the study and treatment of disorders such as Parkinson’s disease, stroke and epilepsy. Media:…
- Back to UC Neuroscience Institute Home
Signs & Symptoms of Stroke – FAST
The best way to treat a stroke is for people to learn what to recognize using FAST:
Facial numbness or weakness, especially on one side.
Arm numbness or weakness, especially on one side.
Slurred speech or difficulty speaking.
Time to call 911.
Other symptoms of stroke also may include: severe headache, dizziness, loss of balance, loss of vision or double vision. Surprisingly, pain is not a frequent symptom of stroke.
- In the News
- Upcoming Events
- $1.8M Gift to Benefit Stroke Treatment, Prevention at UC »
- Acute Kidney Injury a Predictor of Worse Outcomes after Stroke, Researcher Finds »
- UC Medical Center Recertified as Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center »
- New Home Planned for University of Cincinnati Neuroscience Institute »
- UC Medical Center Again Receives Award for Care of Stroke Patients »
- UC Health
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- Drake Center
- Lindner Center of HOPE
- Mayfield Clinic