Endovascular therapy was a “game-changer” in stroke in 2015, leading specialists told MedPage Today, who posed the question what was the biggest clinical advance of the year. Six of seven stroke specialists agreed: endovascular therapy. Medium: Medpage Today Read the article »
- Back to UC Neuroscience Institute Home
Signs & Symptoms of Stroke – FAST
The best way to treat a stroke is for people to learn what to recognize using FAST:
Facial numbness or weakness, especially on one side.
Arm numbness or weakness, especially on one side.
Slurred speech or difficulty speaking.
Time to call 911.
Other symptoms of stroke also may include: severe headache, dizziness, loss of balance, loss of vision or double vision. Surprisingly, pain is not a frequent symptom of stroke.
- In the News
- Upcoming Events
- $1.8M Gift to Benefit Stroke Treatment, Prevention at UC »
- Acute Kidney Injury a Predictor of Worse Outcomes after Stroke, Researcher Finds »
- UC Medical Center Recertified as Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center »
- New Home Planned for University of Cincinnati Neuroscience Institute »
- UC Medical Center Again Receives Award for Care of Stroke Patients »
- UC Health
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- Drake Center
- Lindner Center of HOPE
- Mayfield Clinic