There was a sliver of a chance, maybe, and most likely the emergency room doctor thought there was no chance at all. Christine had arrived at the community hospital comatose, brought by her parents, who had come home after working out to find her semi-conscious on the floor. A CT scan revealed severe bleeding in…
- Back to UC Neuroscience Institute Home
Signs & Symptoms of Stroke – FAST
The best way to treat a stroke is for people to learn what to recognize using FAST:
Facial numbness or weakness, especially on one side.
Arm numbness or weakness, especially on one side.
Slurred speech or difficulty speaking.
Time to call 911.
Other symptoms of stroke also may include: severe headache, dizziness, loss of balance, loss of vision or double vision. Surprisingly, pain is not a frequent symptom of stroke.
- In the News
- Upcoming Events
- UC Gardner Neuroscience Institute Named in Honor of Gardner Family »
- UC Medical Center Again Named Top Hospital for Stroke Care »
- Study Shows Area Undamaged by Stroke Remains So, Regardless of Time »
- African-Americans, Men, Young Patients More Likely to Receive Neuroimaging »
- $1.8M Gift to Benefit Stroke Treatment, Prevention at UC »
- UC Health
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- Drake Center
- Lindner Center of HOPE
- Mayfield Clinic